MiniMeter Early Childhood Music
Seattle Music Classes for Babies, Toddlers, & Preschoolers
*Update June 2021 / We are wrapping up over a year of virtual MiniMeter classes at the end of June, and we want to thank all the families who joined in and sang with us over Zoom! We will take a break in July and August, with the goal of returning to in-person MiniMeter in Fall 2021. If you’d like us to contact you about early registration in the fall, please fill out the form below. We can’t wait to sing with you at the school again!
Early childhood is a wonderful time to be immersed in the basic elements of music – melody, rhythm, and playful improvisation. MiniMeter is a place to sing, move, and play instruments as a family. Join us in finding new ways to bring music into your family life.
We currently offer MiniMeter for two age groups:
Baby/Toddler: ages 6 months – 3 years with a caregiver
Preschool: ages 3 – 4 years (without caregiver ok with instructor approval)
New families are welcome to join at any time.
• Create a fun and welcoming environment
• Sing our favorite songs, drawing from popular, traditional, and children’s music
• Explore fundamentals of instrument exploration, music history, and singing
• Allow children and caregivers to participate in a way that is comfortable for them
• Encourage families to build their own instrument and music library at home. We recommend materials we love rather than requiring families to purchase cd’s, instruments, and books
• Emphasize the repetition and routine that makes music class exciting for young people to return to each week
New students are welcome to try a first class anytime! There is no charge if you choose not to continue.
Our Central District and Columbia City locations are easily accessible from the Madrona, Leschi, Montlake, Madison Park, Capitol Hill, Leschi, Beacon Hill, Mt. Baker, Hillman City, Mercer Island, Seward Park, Georgetown, and Rainier Beach neighborhoods. Come in for a visit today!