Drum Classes for Kids
Seattle Drum Classes for Kids
This kid-friendly class is a great introduction to the world of drums and percussion. Class participants will be introduced to a few key members of the percussion family, including snare drum, drum set, and hand percussion instruments. Students will get up and get moving while learning how to sing and play a few basic rhythms, and will have a chance to play these rhythms together as a group. This class offers a low-pressure, fun environment for the future drummer in your family!
New students are welcome to try a first class anytime. There is no charge if you choose not to continue.
Goals for students in their first year of drum class:
• Play rudimentary rhythms on snare drum / practice pad
• Play an individualized warm up routine (paradiddles, two on a hand, eight on a hand, etc.)
• Use proper technique to play multiple percussion instruments
• Perform rhythms and musical styles from multiple cultures and genres
• Play in a group setting while using listening skills to keep a steady beat
• Develop sight-reading and music theory knowledge
• Perform in front of an audience: individually, in small groups, and as an ensemble
Our Central District and Columbia City locations are easily accessible from the Madrona, Leschi, Montlake, Madison Park, Capitol Hill, Leschi, Beacon Hill, Mt. Baker, Hillman City, Seward Park, Georgetown, and Rainier Beach neighborhoods. Our practice studios are the perfect dedicated space for getting out of the house and working on your music. Come in for a visit today!